The Three

The Three
Bug, Mr. Chubbs and LalaBear May 2010

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Laundry, Laundry Everywhere!

There isn't one thing in the whole world that I detest more than doing laundry. It's just a mundane, time consuming chore that seems NEVER ENDING to me. I do laundry everyday usually. Sometimes i skip a day here and there, but usually it's 1-3 loads of laundry a day.  Now on Monday i finished all the laundry in Bug and Lala Bear's hampers. They were overflowing  so instead of being 2 loads, it was closer to 5 loads. So i get to work on it! It took me 2 days to finish JUST their laundry from their hampers. (so laundry was started on Friday) It is now 3 days later and the hampers are over flowing AGAIN! How does this happen? I think this past week I've washed EVERY article of clothing they own at least once already (maybe even twice) but still the hampers are overflowing. This again will be a 2 day long chore, just for the girls' clothes. I also have to do 5 days worth of My and Mr. Chubbs clothes because I've just spent the better part of a week doing just the girls' clothes!
How does this happen! I don't get it. 2 girls should be going through  1 shirt a day, 1 pair of pants a day and 1 sock and undies a day.... that's 6 articles of clothing for 3 days per kid..... and trust me the hamper has at least 8 days worth of clothes in it. I don't understand at all.
So today I'm on load #2 already and waiting for the 1st load to finish drying. Ah yes... the dryer. Even though i hate doing laundry, i love our dryer. Odd i know. But if you consider that until 18 months ago we didn't have a dryer, it's not a hard to understand why i love our dryer so much. I mean before we got the dryer my ability to wash clothes was limited to how much of the wet laundry i could fit onto our 2 gullwing hang dryers.
Yep. I was only able to do 2 loads of laudry every 2 days as it would take a day and a half to dry the first loads... This of course was in the colder months of the year when using the outside line was impossible. There is no point in putting wet clothes out on an outside line to "Dry" when it's - 11 out. It doesn't dry.. it freezes.. to the LINE. So yes.. I love our Dryer. in 40 minutes (or less depending on the size of the load) i can get a massive amount of wet clothing, dry! Hurray for the industrial revolution!

Now if i could only find away to steal Mary Poppin's magical powers and just snap away all this laundry and have it clean, folded and put away into drawers.

Yes... drawers my children don't put clothes into....

No comments:

Post a Comment